Study English in GLV
Maximize your efforts.Study English and experience the culture and rich traditions of China.
People from all countries are welcomed to study English in GLV's unique immersion environment.
GATEWAY LANGUAGE VILLAGE.We are a learning community consisting of teachers from every continent of the world providing students with not just language skills but also values of fairness and justice without prejudice for anyone with different cultures, accent, skin colors or age. As our Director HONG Xiu Ping wrote: " Our aim is not only to provide language training,but to expose our students to a wide range of world cultures and deepen their knowledge and appreciation of diverse societies.One cannot learn a language well without knowing the culture. As English has evolved into a world language, it is important for our students to know how it is spoken around the world and used as a tool of communication in and between different countries. Although our focus is now English we may offer total immersion classes in other languages in the future. I am confident that we will find ways to attract overseas visitors to our village here. Many travellers from other nations are already passing through Zhuhai. We hope that the city will become a gateway to China for many visitors and that, for the Chinese, it may become a gateway to the world."
About Total Immersion Experience (TIE)
Come to GLV-you don't need to go abroad to learn English.
- We offer a wide variety of courses to suit everyone's needs.
- Each session is 2 week in length and students are welcome to sign up for 2-24 weeks in length.
- Regular course begin in the 1 st Sunday of each two-week session.
- All communication is in the target language.
- We stress language use, and focus on speaking and listening skills.
- Fluency is more important than accuracy.
- Emphasis is on practical, skill-based activities.
- We encourage individual students through building a friendly and supportive learning environment. We have high expectations.
- We give primacy to content over form.
- Lesson content is centred on the needs and interests of students and delivered through a variety of media.
- We develop and use materials, which meet the needs of our students.
- We use realistic/authentic input, remembering that the most important texts are the students themselves.
- glvchina.com, Gateway Language Village All right reserved.